Sharepoint for Manufacturing
Sharepoint applied to your manufacturing business..?
Microsoft Sharepoint® is market leading software for document management, workflow, collaboration, project management. If you are not already using it, Sharepoint is not expensive to add to your Microsoft subscription and the benefits to a manufacturing organisation can be significant. In investment terms its a 'no brainer' but the power of Sharepoint is only truly realised when its capabilities are applied to meet a specific business requirement. That's where we come in. We have helped our clients recognise significant efficiency and productivity gains by integrating Sharepoint with their back office environment. See the list below for examples of how Sharepoint can be used to gain tangible efficiency, increased output and reduced cost for manufacturing organisations....
- Paperless Shop Floor
- Out of the box Sharepoint brings extensive document management capabilities with online repositories for storage, automatic version control, check in/check out system to control changes making certain that your employees are always working with the latest versions of the document. This functionality can be used to store manufacturing documentation SOP's EOP's, Route cards, Forms etc... and then linked to your back office system to give you a paperless shop floor with significant pay backs in terms of quality, operational efficiency and reduced operating costs.
- Online Stock Transfers
Are you completing hundreds/thousands of stock transfer notes a year? All hand written forms which are walked around the plant/offices for approval and then handed to the materials management team for transacting? With Sharepoint you can automate all of this with online forms, workflow with email approvals, audit trails avoiding filing, and a simple button to automatically enter the transcation into your back office system avoiding keying errors, increasing efficiencies and reducing your operational costs.
- Eliminate Spreadsheets
- Are you maintaining hundreds of spreadsheets to track production, customer, supplier related information? You are not alone. Using Sharepoint you can import (in a matter of seconds) and integrate your spreadsheets with your back office systems making them easier to maintain and improving your efficiency. Best of all you have a central console where you can view and report on all the information, and even set alerts to send you an email, allowing you to be proactive and avoid an issue rather than being forced to react to an event when its all too late. The benefits speak for themselves here.
- Online Purchase Requisitions
Are you currently filling out pads of paper, hand carrying these forms for approval/signature, before handing to purchasing department for processing? With Sharepoint you can provide an online form or even Excel spreadsheet with lookups to your ERP product catalogue for ordering raw materials, consumables, office supplies etc...The form is completed online and circulated for approval via email using Sharepoint integrated workflow with complete audit trail. Once approved the transactions can be automatically created in your back office system with the click of a button increasing efficiency and avoiding keying errors.
- Business Intelligence
- Integrate Sharepoint with SQL reporting services and you can unlock a whole new world of reporting and analysis, real time at your fingertips allowing you to make those key operational and business decisions as early as possible saving you time and money.
- One Set of Numbers...
- As we all strive to have one set of numbers that everyone agrees to that your business can be run by you need to make sure that these numbers are easily available and centrally stored. Sharepoint can be configured and integrated with your other systems to provide you with that central view of everything you need, whether in the form of dashboards or detailed, drillable reports. We can help you get here.